Thursday, September 24, 2009

Computer Addiction and Sleepiness


Well, I guess everybody knows getting too addicted is not a good thing. After not knowing that I have been addicted in using Personal Computer, today I realized that a lot of bad things happened because of this addiction. (When I said using there, I mean such as playing games, surfing the internet, reading mangas, or anything for fun - as they are what I do 99% of the times in front of the PC).

The first thing I noticed, time. Being in front of the PC for hours seemed like a normal thing for me before; but after hearing some comments from my relatives, I started thinking and looking at how long does normal people use PC. I guess they use it only for an hour or two - while I use it almost from waking up until the time I get to sleep if I am at home.

Second, my activities. In front of the PC, it is whether playing games, browsing, and things I mentioned above. And well, doing educational stuff, hardly ever though. Similar with the first one, activities I could do now I can't because I have been too absorbed by doing fun things in the PC. Say it like taking a walk around the neighborhood or maybe reading books (whether school stuffs or not).

Third, my energy. I think this is the big factor why I think being addicted to computer (for playing) is a bad thing. Haven't realized that my focus and attention are all caught up to the monitor, I played until late night while there are classes the day after that. And in the class, I can't help but being sleepy and don't pay attention to what the lecturer says. This is the root problem for me since last semester. Being sleepy or sleep in class.

Though my grade on the second is still good, it's lower than the previous one. I had to catch up the lessons out of classes, and I ended up pulling an all nighter and the same bad cycle repeats. And when I have some free times I... procrastinate, oh great.

And now I guess I have to limit the usage of PC, so that I can be focused on my studies and other activities. Besides that, I am trying to do lots of other things so that I won't be sleepy in class anymore. Such as getting back to a healthy sleep times, from 23:00 to 06:00 everyday. Then drink tea in the morning to keep me more refreshed. And when I'm sleepy in class, I have to get some fresh airs, wash my face, get some chocolate, drink tea, or maybe coffee.

Well, I hope starting from now I won't sleep in class anymore :)

No comments: